The never ending list of “NEW WORDS” continues to expand each year. There are a few in this list who’s origin can be traced back in time and a few new ones. Will any of these stick?? Only time will tell…
You can share any new ones you may have come across this past year in the comments section… Enjoy.
THE OLD NEW WORDS FOR 2007, 2008, 2009. 2010 and we suspect well into 2011 as well
1. BLAMESTORMING : Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline
was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.
2. SEAGULL MANAGER : A manager, who flies in, makes a lot of noise,
craps on everything, and then leaves.
3. ASSMOSIS : The process by which some people seem to absorb success
and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.
4. SALMON DAY : The experience of spending an entire day swimming
upstream only to get screwed and die in the end.
5. CUBE FARM : An office filled with cubicles
6. PRAIRIE DOGGING : When someone yells or drops something loudly in a
cube farm, and people’s heads pop up over the walls to see what’s going
7. MOUSE POTATO : The on-line, wired generation’s answer to the couch
8. SITCOMs : Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What
Yuppies get into when they have children and one of them stops working
to stay home with the kids.
9. STRESS PUPPY : A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and
10. SWIPEOUT : An ATM or credit card that has been rendered useless
because magnetic strip is worn away from extensive use.
11. XEROX SUBSIDY : Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one’s
12. IRRITAINMENT : Entertainment and media spectacles that are Annoying
but you find yourself unable to stop watching them. The J-Lo and Ben
wedding (or not) was a prime example – Michael Jackson, another…
13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE : The fine art of whacking the crap out of an
electronic device to get it to work again.
14. ADMINISPHERE : The rarefied organizational layers beginning just
above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are
often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were
designed to solve.
15. 404 : Someone who’s clueless. >From the World Wide Web error Message
“404 Not Found,” meaning that the requested site could not be located.
16. GENERICA : Features of the American landscape that are exactly the
same no matter where one is, such as fast food joints, strip malls, and
17. OHNOSECOND : That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize
that you’ve just made a BIG mistake. (Like after hitting send on an
e-mail by mistake)
18. WOOFS : Well-Off Older Folks.
19. CROP DUSTING : Surreptitiously passing gas while passing through a
Some additional jewels submitted for 2008 which we have added to the list:
20. FRIENDILIGENCE — The amount of time it takes to maintain friend requests on social networks such as MySpace and Facebook. “I just don’t have time for all of this friendiligence!”
21. PREHAB — A program to prevent young stars from behaving inappropriately. “Looks like Miley Cyrus is the only one who’s been to prehab.”
22. BROMANCE — Combination of brother and romance used to describe a strong heterosexual relationship between to males. “Ben Affleck and Matt Damon have a great bromance.”
23. EARJACKING — Eavesdropping on a conversation. “That guy at that table over there is earjacking us!”
24. GINORMOUS — Combination of gigantic and enormous. “That sandwich I just ate was ginormous.”
25. PLAXIDENT — What you call an accidental gun shot wound to the leg in a bar when surrounded by your posse. (Hat tip MikeD)
If you have discovered a new word and would like us to consider adding it to this list, simply submit it in a comment. If we add it we will give you credit with a link back to your site if you have one
More reviews of the Top 10 Best Freeware Downloads for 2011 can be found at Rockbridge Reviews and Downloads
iProfit-Web – Sell eBooks On Line with Full Master Reseller Rights !!