ZardozZ News and Satire has been online since 2003 and I am always asked by my friends if I ever make any money on this site. Well the truth is, this site is not really designed to generate online income. Its not and eCommerce site or set up as a home business online store. Sure we do earn enough to offset our server costs from Google ads, and the sidebar ads you see, but to really earn money on line with a website you really need to be selling something people want at a price they are willing to pay for it.
There are a few don’ts for sure…
Most folks set up a website but struggle with finding the right content and products to sell. In fact most folks think that you need a fancy website to be successful in online website sales without thinking about WHAT they will be selling. When they get disappointed in their sales, the first thing they want to do is blame their website or the way it looks.
Finding online content to resell can be difficult. For an online home business website, you don’t want to have to carry an inventory and deal with shipping products, so downloads are by far the fastest and easiest way to monetize a website. But where do you find content without violating copyrights??
There are a few things you can do…
- Sign up for a niche Reseller Program – where you become licensed to resell software a programmer wants marketed and they cut you in on a % of the sale. The one we have linked to provides $50 for leads that become sales for a company that designs websites for building contractors. Know any building contractors? Who doesn’t? Get referral money. We will go into more of these in later posts.
- Resell eBooks and Software – There are great packages you can find online to get started where authors have granted free master resale rights in order to get published. We do some of this ourselves. It does work!
- Join a Affiliate Partner Program — there are many out there. We like Commission Junction – there servers serve up the ads you see on our sidebar.
- Sell Digital Goods — PayLoadZ is one of the best for this, but you still need content to sell. They have an affiliate program so you can simply resell what they have available.
- Make sure you learn about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. There are volumes on the web about this so start Googling. Once you have a site that has some action, get some professional help if you feel you don’t understand how to improve your ranking on your own.
- Social Networking on your websites…. More about this in the future. We do it here for ZZ News and Satire
THE KEY FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE IN THE END ARE YOUR MARKETING SKILLS !!! How to you sell and position products to potential customers. This is what most folks need to learn and why they most often fail. Build it (your website) and they will come does not work on the internet!!
Iprofit-Web for instance has pre-made templates which you are free to modify for a online home business. We found it to be pretty damn good! When you see their site you will recognize right away a look and feel that you have probably seen before on the web. Well that is part of the key. These templates are designed to engage a reader and make them really learn details about a product. Details they want to FEEL good about before they pay for anything. There package has over 100 ebooks that are fully copyrighted with a transfer of master resale rights! That means you are not violating any copyright when you resell them. In fact those authors don’t even mind if you GIVE THE BOOKS AWAY. Why? Because of the embedded links int he books that move readers to their websites where them might want to purchase additional content from them directly !
These are just a few items to help some folks who want to earn money online in their spare time and perfect if they are retired. This is actually fun for a retirement side income. Its not physical… but it does require hard work, time and some patience!!