Many people have become totally frustrated with the overhead and unnecessary complexity of Apple iTunes software. While iTunes does a good job connecting customers to the Apple iTunes Store, it is restricted in its ability to organize and manage music files on your PC which are not related to iTune store purchases! Like burned CDs and other downloaded music and videos from various other vendors and sources regardless of where the files came from.
We have written articles in the past assisting our readers that have had problems installing or uninstalling itunes. Over the course of this year several of our almost 3,000 subscribers have asked if we could do review or recommend a good alternative to iTunes that would do a much better job of moving any music file from their PC on to their iPod, iPhone, iPad and visa versa.
Research indicates that MediaMonkey (MM) turns out to be the most popular media file manager software behind Apple’s iTunes (of course) and the stock pc Windows Media Player (no iPod support). The really cool thing we like about MM software as an alternative to iTunes and Windows Media Player is that it interfaces and syncs with iPods, iPhones, iPad and even the Android! AND… This is important…! They are also vendor neutral (not tied to Apple or anyone else) and are working to provide a media management solution for ALL smart devices over time independent of operating system and device manufacturer!
In our opinion this is clearly one of the better and more popular alternatives to iTunes out there. It allows you to sync music files with your iPhone, iPod or iPad and as we said even the Android. What’s also nice is that they have both a FREE VERSION and a GOLD VERSION you can download.
- Organize music and edit tags in your audio library with a powerful, intuitive interface.
- Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata.
- Manage 50,000+ files in your music collection without bogging down.
- Manage all genres of audio: Rock, Classical, Audiobooks, Comedy, Podcasts, etc.
- Play MP3s and other audio formats, and never again worry about varying volume.
- Record CDs and convert MP3s, M4A, OGG, FLAC and WMA files etc. into other formats.
- Create playlists and let Auto-DJ & Party Mode take care of your party.
- Sync iPhones, iPods, & MP3 players, converting & leveling tracks on-the-fly.
So… if you are looking for a very good alternative to iTunes, its certainly worth checking out MM’s free version and see first hand if it will do what you will need it to do…! Also at the same time, the gold version is also reasonably priced below $20 the last we checked which is not bad. Regardless, if you are fed up and frustrated with iTunes and you are looking for a very good alternative to iTunes which also syncs to your iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android you will want to at least check this product out and evaluate it.