Web Development Recommended Tip For Our ZZ News and Reviews Readers:
If you own a website… do you have a website server uptime monitoring and notification service?
A good website uptime / downtime monitoring and notification service is essential. We recommend trying out some of these new notification services reviewed below. Especially if you run a website that generates revenue!
If you have a website of any type or a blog running under ANY server or content management system platform, it’s always a good idea to be alerted if your site is down for any reason! Rockbridge Monitoring has introduced a new website monitoring system that can provide you that instant notification. We have added some links here for our readers where you can go directly to their site and test it out for yourself using any website URL. You can also sign up your own website for free and then try out their notification service in real time before subscribing… Sweet! They offer both a free trial version as well as multiple upgrades based on monitoring intervals you desire…
These services are affordable and are worth checking out if you don’t have any online method of monitoring your website’s uptime. They are excellent if you want to be alerted on your cell phone or Blackberry if your site ever goes down…
Here is some additional information taken from their website…
- 24 x 7 x 365 Non-Stop Monitoring
- Unless you are a robot, it is infeasible for you to keep checking your website or server to see if it is available. Leave this tedious job to our automated service, and enjoy peace of mind!
- Multi-Protocol Support
- They support ping, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH, SMTP, DNS, POP3, IMAP, MySQL, and any arbitrary services running on TCP/IP.
- Downtime Notification
- Be the first to know when your website or server is in trouble! We notify via email and SMS.
- Global Monitoring Locations
- We monitor your website & servers from a global monitoring network not just to make sure they are UP but also available to worldwide users.
- Add “Live Status Report” to Your Site (sample )
- Are you a web host with reliable service but having no way to convince your (potential) customers? We let you easily display an uptime report on your website. Gain more customer confidence and sales!
- Send Reboot Request to Your Provider During Downtime
- You can use their service to automatically send email to your provider during downtime, to request for a reboot or any additional investigation.
- Uptime & Performance Reports
Rockbridge Monitoring provides: Website monitoring, web server monitoring & server monitoring from worldwide locations. Receive downtime alerts via SMS & Email directed right to your cell phone or any of your key email account(s).