OUR REGISTERED READERS NOW HAVE IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO THE LATEST FREEWARE, TRIALWARE AND DEEPLY DISCOUNTED COUPON CODES FROM TOP NAMED SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE VENDORS SUCH AS MICROSOFT, LOGITECH, SYMANTEC, TREND MICRO, ELECTRONIC ARTS GAMING, BEST BUY, CIRCUIT CITY and many others. Visit our Free Downloads area and find out more...
Here are our picks for the Top 3 Iraqi Flying Shoes Cartoons of the week…
Regardless of your political persuasion, you have to admit the scene was pretty damn amusing, if not embarrassing for the new Iraqi President. As for Bush, well he must be used to crap being thrown at him since the incident didn’t really seem to phase him in the least. Pretty consistent with his overall outlook on things these days. The smirk on his face was priceless!
What a poor excuse for a press corp. But then what can you expect from Neanderthals? If that had been Saddam standing up there with a foreign leader he supported he would have put a bullet between the guy’s eyes right where he stood!
Don’t forget to vote for your favorite at the bottom of the post or we’ll be forced to throw a Birkenstock at you!
Vote for your favorite…
The never ending list of “NEW WORDS” continues to expand each year. There are a few in this list who’s origin can be traced back in time and a few new ones. Will any of these stick?? Only time will tell…
You can share any new ones you may have come across this past year in the comments section… Enjoy.
THE OLD NEW WORDS FOR 2007, 2008, 2009. 2010 and we suspect well into 2011 as well
1. BLAMESTORMING : Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline
was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.
2. SEAGULL MANAGER : A manager, who flies in, makes a lot of noise,
craps on everything, and then leaves.
3. ASSMOSIS : The process by which some people seem to absorb success
and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.
4. SALMON DAY : The experience of spending an entire day swimming
upstream only to get screwed and die in the end.
5. CUBE FARM : An office filled with cubicles
6. PRAIRIE DOGGING : When someone yells or drops something loudly in a
cube farm, and people’s heads pop up over the walls to see what’s going
7. MOUSE POTATO : The on-line, wired generation’s answer to the couch
8. SITCOMs : Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What
Yuppies get into when they have children and one of them stops working
to stay home with the kids.
9. STRESS PUPPY : A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and
10. SWIPEOUT : An ATM or credit card that has been rendered useless
because magnetic strip is worn away from extensive use.
11. XEROX SUBSIDY : Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one’s
12. IRRITAINMENT : Entertainment and media spectacles that are Annoying
but you find yourself unable to stop watching them. The J-Lo and Ben
wedding (or not) was a prime example – Michael Jackson, another…
13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE : The fine art of whacking the crap out of an
electronic device to get it to work again.
14. ADMINISPHERE : The rarefied organizational layers beginning just
above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are
often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were
designed to solve.
15. 404 : Someone who’s clueless. >From the World Wide Web error Message
“404 Not Found,” meaning that the requested site could not be located.
16. GENERICA : Features of the American landscape that are exactly the
same no matter where one is, such as fast food joints, strip malls, and
17. OHNOSECOND : That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize
that you’ve just made a BIG mistake. (Like after hitting send on an
e-mail by mistake)
18. WOOFS : Well-Off Older Folks.
19. CROP DUSTING : Surreptitiously passing gas while passing through a
Some additional jewels submitted for 2008 which we have added to the list:
20. FRIENDILIGENCE — The amount of time it takes to maintain friend requests on social networks such as MySpace and Facebook. “I just don’t have time for all of this friendiligence!”
21. PREHAB — A program to prevent young stars from behaving inappropriately. “Looks like Miley Cyrus is the only one who’s been to prehab.”
22. BROMANCE — Combination of brother and romance used to describe a strong heterosexual relationship between to males. “Ben Affleck and Matt Damon have a great bromance.”
23. EARJACKING — Eavesdropping on a conversation. “That guy at that table over there is earjacking us!”
24. GINORMOUS — Combination of gigantic and enormous. “That sandwich I just ate was ginormous.”
25. PLAXIDENT — What you call an accidental gun shot wound to the leg in a bar when surrounded by your posse. (Hat tip MikeD)
If you have discovered a new word and would like us to consider adding it to this list, simply submit it in a comment. If we add it we will give you credit with a link back to your site if you have one
More reviews of the Top 10 Best Freeware Downloads for 2011 can be found at Rockbridge Reviews and Downloads
iProfit-Web – Sell eBooks On Line with Full Master Reseller Rights !!
All we can say is that it’s a damn good thing the gene pool in the U.S. is large enough to dilute the IQ of some people. You might say the woman below lived a sheltered life, but I bet she can tell you what brand of makeup Britney Spears uses. Just check out the expressions on the face of the 3rd grader at the podium next to her during this quiz show. Priceless…
This Week’s Top 5 Picks of the Week
Rather than focus on one political topic this week we thought we would mix it up a bit. Between the election campaigning, Christmas shopping (yes we did use the word Christmas) and the “elections” in Russia, we felt compelled to try and capture the real spirit of the season…
Uhh, did someone say… steroids? Well, we don’t need no stinking steroids! At least not today — but we are pretty sure we will find a few toons to share with you by the end of next week…
By the way, if you do come across something on the baseball quagmire that you would like to share, consider becoming a contributing author here and give yourself you a plug at the same time…
This week’s nomination of the web’s Top 3 Political Cartoons of the Week is based on the latest threat to western civilization… toxic toys from the great red menace. Actually, China is a very nice place. I have visited there on business travel and the people were always great. We all know that the real villains in this scenario are the American toy manufacturers that are exploiting cheap labor and cutting a few corners here and there. Oh well… the artists below tell the story in their own way…
We felt it was important to get into the Christmas spirit and shift a bit from our normal does of dysfunctional American politics. So which one these said it all for you?
An Italian Alter Boy’s Confession:
I have been with a loose girl".
The priest asks, "Is that you, little Johnny Parisi?"
"Yes, Father, it is."
"And who was the girl you were with?"
"I can't tell you, Father, I don't want to ruin her reputation."
"Well, Johnny, I 'm sure to find out her name sooner or later, so you may as well tell me now.
Was it Tina Minetti?"
"I cannot say."
"Was it Teresa Volpe?"
"I'll never tell"
"Was it Nina Capelli?"
"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."
"Was it Cathy Piriano?"
"My lips are sealed."
"Was it Rosa Di Angelo, then?"
" Please, Father, I cannot tell you."
The priest sighs in frustration.
"You're very tight lipped, Johnny Parisi, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."
Johnny walks back to his pew, and his friend Nino slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"
"4 months vacation and five good leads."
— [Hat Tip: megitt33]
Thanks Meg for this and the previous post… It helps to take the edge off the day.
Our top three political cartoons focuses this week on Hillary Clinton’s question seeding campaign… [ With a cameo appearance from Bill ]
You’ll notice that no cartoons alleging the exploitation of crazy suicide bombers have surfaced yet. At least none that we are aware of … Just give it time…
The nominations are in for our Special Thanksgiving Day version of the Top 5 weekly twisted cartoons… We will try something different today on this post and let you help us make the final selection for the Top 3 in time for Thanksgiving…
We will leave them posted all day while we are out stuffing our faces and watching is distress as the Jet’s get annihilated by the Cowboys (14 pt. spread or not, and with or without the Gate D pornucopia brew ha ha and half time antics — ZZ
[ Cartoons have now been arranged from top to bottom in the order of selection by our readers. Thanks to those who participated in the ballot. ZZ ]
RUNNER UP 1:
RUNNER UP 2:
Thank you for helping us select the Top 3 political / cultural cartoons for the week. Oh, and by the way, from all of us at ZZ OpenWeb we hope you had a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving — ZZ and OpenWeb Staff